UZMA Metal Working Machinery
Sheet metal working by fiber laser
Sheet metal processing is one way of using laser light in industry. The latest technology in flat sheet metal working machinery is the solid state laser, also named as the fiber laser.
Brief description of cutting with laser; Laser light created in the resonator is transferred flawlessly by fiber-optic cable to the surface of the sheet. The cutting process begins when laser light and assist gases (oxygen, nitrogen or compressed air) are focused on the material. With the help of proven technology tables all axes are controlled precisely and parts are processed without the need for manual intervention.
Advantages of fiber laser
- Fiber laser is the fastest process of cutting thin sheet metal.
- The cutting process is done with higher quality compared to other options. A “clean cut” surface quality is obtained.
- Reflective materials like aluminium, copper and brass can be cut with ease.
- Excellent surface quality is obtained on mild steel up to 15 mm with a 2 kW resonator and up to 20mm with 3 kW and 4 kW.
- Part process cost is very low.
- Low maintenance costs.
- Consumable part cost is low. The only parts that need to be changed are nozzles, ceramics and lens protection glasses over long periods. There are no other consumable costs.
- Resonator life is over 100.000 hours.
- Drives, encoders and rails have to be placed on precision surfaces. Even the slightest defects can cause serious damage to drives and enco- ders. Because of this, Fibermaks main body is machined perfectly on Travelling Column Duplex CNC machines.
- Encoders, linear motors and rails on linear model machines and rack & pinions and rails on Servo motor machines are machined on CNC machines with micron-rated precision. This is the foundation of the high tolerance processing achieved with Fibermak.